Problem: Given these pairs of points, (0, 9)) and (6, -9), find the midpoint, distance, slope, and equation of the line.
To find the midpoint, average the x coordinates and y coordinates. The midpoint is
- To find the (always zero or positive) distance, use the formula
- To find the slope, use the formula
The equations of the line are
Plug in one known point (say, (0, 9)) and the calculated slope.
- Now plug b and m into the line equation:
- Plug in one known point (say, (6, –9) ) and the calculated slope.
List of Similar Problems with Complete Solutions
- How to find distance between two points
- How to find the midpoint of a line
- How to find the slope of a line
- How to find the equation of a line
- Examples Problems with Solutions in Geometry
For any Questions, Clarifications and any violent Reactions use the comment section below. I’ll be much willing to assist you.