Problem: Given these pairs of points, (-5, 15) and (-5, 9), find the midpoint, distance, slope, and equation of the line.
To find the midpoint, average the x coordinates and y coordinates. The midpoint is
- To find the (always zero or positive) distance, use the formula
- To find the slope, use the formula
(which means it is a vertical line, which has infinite slope)
- Since the line is vertical, there is only one x value that will give all y values. The equation for the line is
List of Similar Problems with Complete Solutions
- How to find distance between two points
- How to find the midpoint of a line
- How to find the slope of a line
- How to find the equation of a line
- Examples Problems with Solutions in Geometry
For any Questions, Clarifications and any violent Reactions use the comment section below. I’ll be much willing to assist you.
credit: Todd©2013 www.FroydWess.com