(Last Updated On: September 10, 2019)
Problem: Given these pairs of points, (-2, 10) and (4, 9), find the midpoint, distance, slope, and equation of the line.
- To find the midpoint, average the x coordinates and y coordinates. The midpoint is
- To find the (always zero or positive) distance, use the formula
- To find the slope, use the formula
- The equation of the line are
Plug in one known point (say, (4, 9)) and the calculated slope.
Now plug b and m into the line equation:
Plug in one known point (say, (-2, 10)) and the calculated slope.
List of Similar Problems with Complete Solutions
- How to find distance between two points
- How to find the midpoint of a line
- How to find the slope of a line
- How to find the equation of a line
- Examples Problems with Solutions in Geometry
For any Questions, Clarifications and any violent Reactions use the comment section below. I’ll be much willing to assist you.