- PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS
- Basic principles of statistics; presentation and analysis of data; averages, median, mode; deviations; probability distributions; normal curves and applications; regression analysis and correlation; application to engineering problems.
- College Algebra
After completing this course, the student must be able to:
- 1. Define relevant statistical terms;
- 2. Discuss competently the following concepts:
- 2.1. Frequency distribution
- 2.2. Measures of central tendency
- 2.3. Probability distribution
- 2.4. Normal distribution
- 2.5. Inferential statistics
- 3. Apply accurately statistical knowledge in solving specific engineering problem situations.
Probability and Statistics Course Outline
Sellers, Gene R. and Stephen A. Vardeman. Elementary Statistics, 2nd ed. Saunders College Publishing, 1982. Walpole, Ronald E., et al. Probability and Statistics for Engineers and Scientists, 7th ed. Prentice Hall, Inc., 2002.