- PLANE AND SPHERICAL TRIGONOMETRY
- Trigonometric functions; identities and equations; solutions of triangles; law of sines; law of cosines; inverse trigonometric functions; spherical trigonometry.
After completing this course, the student must be able to:
- 1. Define angles and how they are measured;
- 2. Define and evaluate each of the six trigonometric functions;
- 3. Prove trigonometric functions;
- 4. Define and evaluate inverse trigonometric functions;
- 5. Solve trigonometric equations;
- 6. Solve problems involving right triangles using trigonometric function definitions for acute angles; and
- 7. Solve problems involving oblique triangles by the use of the sine and cosine laws.
Plane and Spherical Trigonometry Course Outline
Dilley, et al. Algebra 2 with Trigonometry. D.C. Heath & Co., 1990. Leithold, Louis. College Algebra and Trigonometry. Addison-Wesley, 1992. Sobel, Max A. and Norbert Lerner. Algebra and Trigonometry, 4th ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall, Inc., 1995.