This is the Section 1 Module 1 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 1 Module 1
1. Desktop and personal computers are also known as _____.
2. Laser beam technology is used for ______.
ANS. OPTICAL DISKS
3. A bundle of basic software designed to work together:
4. Time-sharing of resources by users is usually
ANS. BASED ON TIME SLICES
5. Management of an operating system is handled by:
ANS. THE SUPERVISOR PROGRAM
6. The process of allocating main memory separate from one another is called:
ANS. MEMORY MANAGEMENT
7. The technique whereby part of the program is stored on disk and is brought into memory for execution as needed is called _____.
ANS. VIRTUAL STORAGE
8. Another name for an operating environment is _____.
9. Which one of the following uses graphical icons?
10. An on-screen picture.
11. The memory area for programs with highest priority.
12. Prewritten standard file-handling programs are called _____.
13. The signal that the computer is awaiting a command from the user:
14. NOS refers to:
ANS. OPERATING SYSTEM FOR A NETWORK
15. PDA stands for:
ANS. PERSONAL DATA ASSISTANT
16. An imaging technique used to measure the magnetic fields produced by electrical activity in the brain.
17. What sensor is used in magnetoencephalograph?
ANS. SUPERCONDUCTING QUANTUM INTERFERENCE
18. Main program in the operating system.
19. Which of the following splices is NOT butted?
ANS. KNOTTED TAP JOINT
20. What nonmetallic material is most commonly used to protect wires and cables?
ANS. FIBROUS BRAID
21. When a wire is insulated with glass braid or asbestos and requires stripping, which of the following tools should not be used?
ANS. HOT-BLADE WIRE STRIPPER
22. When you solder electrical connector splices, and terminal lugs, what type of solder should you use?
ANS. 60/40 SOLDER
23. When noninsulated splices and terminal lugs are insulated, what type’s insulation are most commonly used?
ANS. RUBBER TAPE AND HEAT SHRINKABLE TUBING
24. When a Western Union splice is used to connect two wires, why should the twisted ends of the wires be pressed down as close as possible to the straight portion of the wire?
ANS. TO PREVENT THE WIRES FROM PUNCTURING THE TAPE COVERING
25. What types of insulation are best suited for use in a high-temperature environment?
ANS. FEP, EXTRUDED POLYTETRAFLUOROETHYLENE AND SILICONE RUBBER
26. What should be done with the removable tip of a soldering gun after it becomes pitted?
ANS. FILE THE TIP SMOOTH AND RETIN IT
27. For a gyro to be universally mounted, it MUST have a total of how many gimbals, if any?
28. A position servo system exhibits a series of over travels. This condition is known by which of the following terms?
29. For a servo system to operate smoothly and efficiently, it must have balance between which of the following factors?
ANS. AMPLIFICATION AND DAMPING
30. The operating of an accelerometer is based on what physical property?
31. Amount of precession of a … is proportional to what input factor?
ANS. RATE OF GYRO CASE ROTATION
32. What does the arrow on a synchro schematic symbol indicate?
ANS. THE ANGULAR POSITION OF THE ROTOR
33. In a properly operating servo system, what is the phase relationship between the reference voltages to the error detector and the demodulator?
ANS. IN PHASE ONLY
34. Synchro capacitors are used to provide which of the following characteristics in a synchro system?
ANS. IMPROVED ACCURACY
35. Multispeed synchro systems have what of the following advantages over single speed synchro systems?
ANS. GREATER ACCURACY
36. During synchro alignment, what is the purpose of the coarse setting?
ANS. TO ENSURE A SETTING OF ZERO DEGREES RATHER THAN I80 DEGREES
37. The voltage used to prevent false synchronization is known by what term?
ANS. STICKOFF VOLTAGE
38. If you find that a synchro has bad bearings, which of the following actions should you take?
ANS. REPLACE THE SYNCHRO
39. In what maximum number of directions is a rate gyro free to process?
40. Pulse-counting accelerometers are designed for use only with what type of equipment?
ANS. DIGITAL COMPUTERS
41. Because its resistance changes very little temperature changes, what conductor is best suited for use in measuring instruments?
42. What definition best describes an insulating material?
ANS. A MATERIAL THAT HAS A VERY HIGH RESISTANCE
43. Plastic insulation is normally used for what levels of voltage?
ANS. MEDIUM TO LOW
44. What is the common name for enamel insulated wire?
ANS. MAGNET WIRE
45. The preferred method for removing insulation from most types of insulated wire is by using what tool?
ANS. WIRE STRIPPER
46. When is a rattail normally used?
ANS. WHEN A BRANCH CIRCUIT IS REQUIRED AND A JUNCTION BOX IS USED TO JOIN CONDUIT
47. When a large aluminum terminal lug or splice is installed, why is it NOT necessary to clean the aluminum wire?
ANS. THE WIRE IS CLEANED BY THE ABRASIVE COMPOUND IN THE LUG OR SPLICE
48. What action generally causes a fractured solder joint?
ANS. MOVEMENT OF THE SOLDERED PARTS DURING THE COOLING PROCESS
49. When a wire is soldered to a connector, why should the wire be stripped approximately 1/32 inch longer than the depth of the solder barrel?
ANS. TO PREVENT BURNING THE WIRE INSULATION
50. Why should a small wattage soldering iron NOT be used to solder large conductors?
ANS. THE IRON MAINTAIN A SATISFACTORY SOLDERING TEMPERATURE WHILE GIVING UP HEAT TO THE CONDUCTOR