This is the Section 1 Module 2 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 1 Module 2
51. When electrical and electronic components are soldered, what type of flux must be used?
52. What is the most efficient soldering temperature?
53. The current gain in a common-collector circuit is called _____.
54. A method for checking transistor is cumbersome when more than one transistor is bad in a circuit?
ANS. SUBSTITUTION METHOD
55. A breakdown theory that explains the action that take place in a heavily doped PN-junction with a reverse bias of less than 5 volts.
ANS. ZENER EFFECT
56. The arrow in a MOSFET indicates a _____.
57. What provides a timing signaling in a digital equipment?
58. A faulty transistor would be identified as what level of packaging?
ANS. LEVEL 0
59. What is the preferred tool to use to strip of aluminum wire?
60. The ability of a gyro to maintain a position in space is referred to by what term?
61. A device that allows the depositing of material in selected areas of a semiconductor substrate, but not in others is known as a_________.
ANS. WAFER MASK
62. Letters and number stamped on body of an IC serve to provide which of the following types of information?
63. Electrostatic charges may develop as high as which of the following voltages?
ANS. 35,000 VOLTS
64. Damage to some electronic components can occur at what minimum electrostatic potential?
ANS. 35 VOLTS
65. The most complex to produce and difficult to repair printed circuit boards are those made using which of the following methods?
ANS. LAYER-BUILD UP
66. What is the minimum number of synchro devices needed for a simple synchro transmission system?
67. The value of voltage or current at one particular instant of time.
68. What type of filter is used to block the passage of current for a narrow band of frequency while allowing current to flow at all frequencies above or below this band?
ANS. BAND REJECT FILTER
69. If you are looking for both good voltage gain and high input resistance, you must use a _____.
ANS. COMMON-SOURCE AMPLIFIER
70. What term is used to describe electronic systems that are made up of extremely small parts or elements?
71. PN junctions are protected from contamination during the fabrication process by which of the following materials?
72. To deposit highly … substrate, which of the following methods is used?
ANS. VACUUM EVAPORATION
73. In IC production, gold or aluminum bonding wires are used for which of the following purposes?
ANS. TO CONNECT THE CHIP TO THE PACKAGE LEADS
74. An assembly of microcircuits or a combination of microcircuits and discrete components is referred to as a __________.
ANS. MICROCIRCUIT MODULE
75. Test equipment that continuously monitors performance and automatically isolates faults to removable assemblies is what category of equipment?
76. Which of the following alloys will melt directly to liquid and have no plastic or semiliquid state?
ANS. EUTECTIC ALLOY
77. A conformal coating is considered thin if it is less than what thickness?
ANS. 0.025 INCH
78. What maximum number of logic gates should be expected in a large-scale integration circuit?
79. Protective materials applied to electronic assemblies to prevent damage caused by corrosion, moisture, and stress are called ________.
ANS. CONFORMAL COATINGS
80. Cutting and peeling is an easy method of removing which of the following types of coatings?
81. What are the approved methods of conformal coating removal?
ANS. MECHANICAL, THERMAL & CHEMICAL
82. Turret, fork, and hook terminals are examples of what type of termination?
83. What total number of degrees of bend are (a) fully clinched leads and (b) semi-clinched leads?
ANS. (A) 90 (B) 45
84. Stirring the lead during desoldering prevents which of the following unwanted results?
ANS. SWEAT JOINTS
85. Most damage to printed circuit boards occur at which of the following times?
ANS. DURING COMPONENT REMOVAL
86. When removing solder with a solder wick, where should the wick be placed in relation to the solder joint and the iron?
ANS. BETWEEN THE JOINT AND THE IRON
87. Visual inspection of a completed repair is conducted to evaluate which of the following aspects of the repair?
ANS. WORKMANSHIP QUALITY
88. Plug-in DIPs are susceptible to loosening because of which of the following causes?
89. For the removal of imbedded TOs in which of the following are free, which of the following methods is recommended?
ANS. PUSH OUT GENTLY
90. When a TO or a DIP is replaced on a printed circuit board, what type of termination is normally used?
91. Heating the leads and lifting them up with tweezers is the preferred method of removing which of the following components?
ANS. FLAT PACKS
92. What is the first step in the repair of burned or scorched boards?
ANS. REMOVING ALL DISCOLORED MATERIAL
93. The force between a magnet and a piece of ferromagnetic metal that has not been magnetized:
ANS. IS NEVER REPULSIVE
94. What significant advantage, in some applications, of a toroidal coil over a solenoid is:
ANS. THE MAGNETIC FLUX IN A TOROID IS PRACTICALLY ALL WITHIN THE CORE
95. What is the unit of current?
96. What is the unit of resistance?
97. What is the unit of charge?
98. What is the lightest element?
99. What is the maximum output voltage rate of change of an op-amp?
ANS. SLEW RATE
100. A converter that changes ac-voltage to another ac-voltage level.