This is the Chapter 5: Set up Adjustments for the Color Picture Tubes end chapter exercise in Basic Television – Grob TV as one of the Electronics Engineering topic. In Preparation for the ECE Board Exam make sure to expose yourself and familiarize in each and every questions compiled here taken from various sources including but not limited to past Board Exam Questions in Electronics Engineering field, Electronics Books, Journals and other Electronics References.
Start Grob TV End Chapter Exercise 05
Answers are Underlined
Set up Adjustments for the Color Picture Tubes
- a. The color purity magnet serves as a centering magnet.
- b. The color purity and beam landing adjustments are the same.
- c. The color purity is adjusted for the raster, one color at a time. T
- a. Degaussing should be done before the color purity adjustments.
- b. The degaussing is done 60 Hz ac.
- c. The ADG circuit have a high current when the receiver is first turned on.
- a. A solid red raster is a check for good color purity.
- b. Small white dots in the picture are used for convergence adjustments.
- c. Color fringing on the edges of the picture is a sign of misconvergence.
- a. Static convergence is done for the center of the screen.
- b. Permanent magnets are used for static convergence.
- a. The basic waveform for dynamic convergence is the parabola or a half sine wave.
- a. Pincushion magnets are used for monochrome picture tubes.
- b. The abbreviation TB (Top to Bottom) is vertical pincushion correction.
- a. Typical dc grid bias for 19-in picture tube is –60 V.
- b. Typical ac signal drive for a 19-in picture tube is 140 Vp-p.
- c. The brightness control vary the dc bias for the picture tube.
- a. The R, G, and B screen-grid adjustment is set for visual cutoff.
- b. The R, G, and B video drive controls are set for white.
- c. The background controls are for dc bias.
- d. The G2 master screen control varies the dc voltage video signal.
- a. The color purity is adjusted before the dynamic convergence.