(Last Updated On: December 8, 2017)
Lesson Objectives – the students should be able to:
- Classify equations of the conic sections into parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola
- Graph the parabola in different standard positions with vertex at the origin.
- Graph the parabola with vertex at (h, k)
- Solve problems regarding parabola, finding the vertex, eccentricity and length of the latus rectum.
- Know the different real life applications of parabola.
- Parabola with vertex at the origin
- Parabola opening to the right
- Parabola opening to the left
- Parabola opening upward
- Parabola opening downward
- PARABOLA WITH VERTEX AT (h,k)
- Case I : Axis is parallel to the x-axis and the parabola opens to the right,
- Case II : Axis is parallel to the x-axis and the parabola opens to the left,
- Case III : Axis is parallel to the y-axis and the parabola opens upward,
- Case IV : Axis is parallel to the y-axis and the parabola opens downward,
Analytic Geometry Lecture 11
Analytic Geometry Course Outline
Following is the list of topics we will discuss in this course:
List of Analytic Geometry Lectures
credit: ©2013 www.PinoyBIX.org