This is the Section 1 Module 4 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 1 Module 4
151. What inductor is used at frequencies of 95 MHZ.
ANS. AIR CORE
152. Regulator that dissipates less power and less heat.
ANS. SWITCHING REGULATOR
153. Period of time which the oscilloscope cannot trigger.
ANS. TRIGGER HOLD OFF
154. A good form of inductor at FM
ANS. AIR CORE
155. Set of programs that lies between application software and the computer hardware.
ANS. OPERATING PROGRAM
156. Instrumentation amplifiers are used in_____.
ANS. HIGH NOISE ENVIRONMENT
157. What type of indicating device is usually installed in the stator circuit of a torque synchro system.
ANS. AN OVERLOAD INDICATOR
158. ____ is the process of making a material “passive” in relation to another material prior to using the material together.
159. In the context of corrosion, _____ is the spontaneous formation of a hard non reactive surface film that inhibits further corrosion. This layer is usually an oxide or nitride that is a few molecules thick.
160. Two conductors with insulator between them is called_____.
ANS. CONDENSER (OLD NAME)/ CAPACITOR (NEW NAME)
161. Chemical reactions that release energy are called exothermic reactions; ____ is an example of exothermic reaction.
162. This bridge is often used in laboratories to measure both capacitances and inductive circuits at higher frequencies.
ANS. RADIO FREQUENCY BRIDGE
163. Is sometimes called Maxwell – wien bridge and is used to measure an unknown inductance with a standard capacitance.
ANS. MAXWELL BRIDGE
164. A four arm alternating current bridge used to measure self inductance in terms of capacitance and resistance; bridge balance is independent of frequency.
ANS. OWEN BRIDGE
165. A graph of the thermodynamic properties of moist air at a constant pressure, such as wet bulb temperature and dry bulb temperature.
ANS. PSYCHROMETRIC CHART
166. The liberation or absorption of heat when an electric current flows from a warmer to a cooler part of a conductor is called ______.
ANS. THOMSON EFFECT
167. A certain condition wherein a nucleon can be stimulated to emit a very sharply defined beams of gamma rays.
ANS. MOSSBAUER EFFECT
168. Which of the following type of test equipment is classified as off-line automatic test equipment.
ANS. VERSATILE AVIONIC SHOP TEST (VAST)
169. Which of the following terms describing the first remainder when converting decimal number to other bases.
170. How do you connect a voltmeter in a circuit?
ANS. IN PARALLEL
171. How do you increase the range of a voltmeter?
ANS. INSERT A HIGH RESISTANCE IN SERIES WITH THE METER
172. As a rule of thumb, power rectifier can operate satisfactorily with front to back ratio or the back to front ratio of.
ANS. 10 TO 1
173. As a rule of thumb, signal diode can operate satisfactorily with front to back ratio or the back to front ratio of.
ANS. 300 TO 1
174. What maintains a more constant speed under varying load conditions than a series motor.
ANS. SHUNT MOTOR
175. A filter which allows a narrow band of frequencies to pass through the circuit and rejects or attenuates frequencies which are either higher or lower than the desired frequency.
ANS. BANDPASS FILTER
176. A circuit that is used to block the passage of current for a narrow band of frequencies, while allowing current to flow at all frequencies above or below the this band. This type of filter is also known as a band suppression or band reject.
ANS. BANDSTOP FILTER
177. What theorem is used in solving electrical circuits with several voltage sources?
178. What is the process of determining the magnitude of something in terms of a recognized standard?
179. A variable positive regulator.
180. What is the efficiency of a full wave rectifier?
181. The value at any instant of time.
ANS. INSTANTANEOUS VALUE
182. In carbon zinc battery, zinc serves as the _____.
ANS. NEGATIVE CATHODE
183. The electronic the electronic transfer from one stage to another is called_____.
184. Who discovered the magnetic effect?
ANS. HANS CHRISTIAN OERSTED
185. One coulomb of charge has how many electrons.
ANS. 6.25 X10^18
186. Energy gap of a semiconductor is?
ANS. 1 EV
187. What is the typical range of resistivity of semiconductor diode?
188. What do you call a semiconductor that is doped with both donor and acceptor impurities?
ANS. COMPENSATED SEMICONDUCTOR
189. The resistance of a semiconductor is known as?
ANS. BULK RESISTANCE
190. What is the maximum theoretical efficiency of a solar cell?
191. An advantage of alkaline cell over a zinc carbon cell
ANS. AN ALKALI CELL WORKS AT LOWER TEMPERATURE
192. To deposit highly reactive material into a substrate, which of the following method is used?
ANS. VACUUM EVAPORATION
193. Which breakdown theory is explains the action that takes places in a heavily doped PN junction with a reverse bias below 5 volts.
ANS. ZENER EFFECT
194. The UJT conducts from base1 to (a) what point when it is forward biased and from (b) what point to base 2 when it is reversed biased?
ANS. (A) EMITTER (B) EMITTER
195. The MOSFET is normally constructed so that it operates in either the depletion mode or the enhancement mode. The depletion mode MOSFET (a) uses what type of bias and (b) has what type of doped channel to cause a depletion of current carriers in the channel?
ANS. (A) REVERSE (B) HEAVILY
196. Which of the following circuits that is required in a multispeed servo system is NOT required in a single speed servo system?
197. Which of the following devices can be used as a position sensor in a servo system?
198. In 74LSxxx, LS means
ANS. LOW POWER SCHOTTKY
199. The size of empty folder is approximately
200. Which is not a solid?