This is the Section 1 Module 5 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 1 Module 5
201. A compound of the elements gallium and arsenic used in the manufacture of devices such as microwave frequency integrated circuits, monolithic microwave integrated circuits, infrared LED, laser diode, solar cells and optical window.
ANS. GALLIUM ARSENIDE
202. A resistor marking of 4k7 has what value?
203. If the inputs of the OR gate are inverted with NOT gates, the overall gate is.
ANS. NAND GATE
204. A paper capacitor generally has a shorter service life than most other types of capacitor. This is a ____ statement.
205. Voltage drop is____
ANS. DIFFERENCE IN POTENTIAL BETWEEN TWO POINT
206. The slip speed of an induction motor is 100% until the rotor moves and then falls to a ____.
ANS. LOW VALUE
207. A relay can be used to_____.
ANS. DECREASE THE CURRENT IN A CIRCUIT
208. Flow calorimeters are classified by the type of measurement performed, the type of heating used, and what other characteristic?
ANS. TYPE OF CIRCULATION USED
209. Capacitance of a variable capacitor is maximum at
ANS. MOVABLE PLATES ARE CLOSE TOGETHER
210. There is an attractive force between two parallel conductors when the current in them is
ANS. OPPOSITE IN DIRECTION
211. The speed in a generator is doubled while the flux is constant the generator EMF is
212. Intrinsic semiconductor have
ANS. COVALENT BONDS FORMING A TETRAHEDRAL STRUCTURE
213. If you are preparing to single lace conductors, what total length must the lacing be in a relationship be to the longest conductor
ANS. 2 AND ONE HALF TIMES THE LENGTH
214. What causes the process called junction recombination to occur when N type and P type materials are joined together
ANS. DIFFUSION OF ELECTRONS AND HOLES MOVING ACROSS THE JUNCTION IN THE TWO MATERIAL
215. At typical silicon wafer has approximately (a) what diameter and (b) what thickness?
ANS. (A) 2 INCHES (B) 0.01-0 .02
216. Each satellite in the iridium satellite network has how many spot beams?
217. False regarding a three phase induction motor
ANS. THE SYNCHRONOUS SPEED IS INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO THE NUMBER OF POLES
218. In pure silicon
ANS. THE HOLES AND THE ELECTRONS EXIST IN EQUAL NUMBERS
219. Effect of air gap in a magnetic circuit is
ANS. INCREASE THE RELUCTANCE
220. All logic gates are made up of
221. Of the following tests, which is the most valid for checking a diode
ANS. A DYNAMIC ELECTRICAL CHECK WITH A DIODE TEST SET
222. Transformer secondary current is greater than the primary current in a step up transformer, this statement is a_______ statement
223. The most complex to produce and difficult to repair printed circuit boards are those made using which of the following methods
ANS. LAYER BUILD UP METHOD
224. What part of a synchro provides a part for external connection?
ANS. TERMINAL BOARD
225. When a capacitor is connected to a ac supply, the current
ANS. LEADS THE VOLTAGE BY 90 DEGREES
226. What term defines the capacity of a soldering iron to generate and maintain a satisfactory soldering temperature while giving up heat to the joint being soldered?
ANS. THERMAL INERTIA
227. A battery consist of a
ANS. NUMBER OF CELLS
228. What term is used to describe current pulses that flow in the same direction
ANS. PULSATION DIRECT CURRENT
229. Which of the following test equipment is most accurate for measuring DC voltages
ANS. DIFFERENTIAL VOLTMETER
230. In series mound generator running at constant speed as the load current increases
ANS. THE TERMINAL VOLTAGE INCREASES
231. What type of bias is constant and improves thermal stability
ANS. COMBINATION BIAS
232. The greater the internal resistance of a cell
ANS. THE LESS TERMINAL POWER DISSIPATION
233. A function table
ANS. IS LIKE A TRUTH TABLE FOR SEQUENTIAL CIRCUITS
234. Elements penetrate the semiconductor substrate in (a) What type of IC but (b) do NOT penetrate the substrate in what type of IC
ANS. (A) DIFFUSED (B) EPITAXIAL THE END USERS AND THE NETWORK
235. Vibrating reed meters and moving disc meters are primarily used to measure which of the following values:
ANS. THE ROTATIONAL SPEED OF THE SYNCHRONOUS
236. What are the 2 general classifications of synchro system?
ANS. TORQUE AND CONTROL
237. Why is flux used in the soldering process?
Ans. IT ACTS AS A CLEANING AGENT TO REMOVE OXIDE
238. What type of AC motor uses a combination of inductance and capacitance to apply out-of-phase currents to the start windings
ANS. SPLIT-PHASE INDUCTION
239. The ability of a spectrum analyzer to resolve signals is limited by which of the following factors
ANS. THE NARROWEST BANDWIDTH OF THE SPECTRUM ANALYZER
240. Capacitance is a ratio of:
ANS. POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PLATES TO THE THICKNESS
241. Why is a lacing shuttle used when conductors are laced in bundles
ANS. IT HELPS PREVENT THE CORD OR TAPE FROM FOULING
242. The process of causing the pressure in a liquid filled container to be reduced below the vapor pressure of the liquid causing the liquid to evaporate at a lower temperature than the normal
ANS. VACUUM EVAPORATION
243. Materials that are engineered materials made from two or more constituent materials made with significantly different physical or chemical properties which remains separate and distinct on a macroscopic level within the finished structure.
ANS. COMPOSITE MATERIAL
244. Vacuum evaporation and cathode sputtering are two methods used to produce which of the following types of components
ANS. THIN FILM
245. Which of the following types of synchro devices provides a mechanical output?
ANS. TORQUE RECEIVER
246. What is the most common range of value selected for a power supply choke?
ANS. 1-20 HENRIES
247. An alternator using a gas turbine as a prime mover should have what type of rotor?
ANS. TURBINE DRIVEN
248. Refers to the total opposition to current
249. Which of the following is an advantage of using a current probe?
ANS. IT SENSES CURRENT BY INDUCTION WITHOUT BEING CONNECTED DIRECTLY INTO THE CIRCUIT
250. If the flux per pole of an AC generator is increased, the speed