This is the Section 1 Module 6 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 1 Module 6
251. The number of pole pairs required to established a rotating magnetic field in a multiphase motor stator is determined by which of the following factors?
ANS. THE NUMBER OF PHASES
252. In most alternators, the output voltage is controlled by adjusting the
ANS. FIELD VOLTAGE
253. The starting torque a simple squirrel cage motor is ______.
254. When an un biased PN junction formed, a ________ exists
ANS. CONTACT POTENTIAL
255. All components and interconnection are formed on or within a single substrate in which of the following units
ANS. INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
256. In a three-phase induction motor, which is false
ANS. AS THE ROTOR IS LOADED, THE SLIP DECREASES
257. Assemblies are made up EXCLUSIVELY of discrete electronic parts are classified as
ANS. MINIATURE ELECTRONICS CIRCUITS
258. A neon lamp moved parallel to a two wire parallel transmission line will glow at its brightest at which of the following points
ANS. MAXIMUM VOLTAGE POINTS
259. What components causes a generator to produce a DC voltage instead of an AC voltage at its output
ANS. THE COMMUTATOR
260. What is meant by the term tinning?
ANS. COATING THE MATERIAL TO BE SOLDERED WITH A LIGHT COAT OF SOLDER
261. Which has the greatest effect on the figure of merit on the circuit?
262. PN junction are protected from contamination during the fabrication process by which of the following materials
263. A voltmeter should be connected in an electrical circuit in what manner?
ANS. PARALLEL TO THE LOAD
264. Which of the following configurations extends the range of a voltmeter?
ANS. A RESISTOR IN SERIES WITH THE METER MOVEMENT
265. What is normally the front-to-back ratio of a power rectifier?
266. What is the normally the front-to-back ratio of a signal diode?
267. The number of characters in a record
ANS. RECORD LENGTH
268. The range sweep in a range gate generator is started at the same time the transmitter fires.
269. In a pulse radar system, what component controls timing throughout the system?
270. The frequency-measuring capability a digital multimeter can be extended using which of the following device.
ANS. AN RF PROBE
271. Interconnection of two or more branches.
272. A node with no division of current
ANS. SIMPLE NODE
273. A node in which KCL is applicable.
ANS. PRINCIPAL NODE
274. An LC bridge that can measure self inductance.
ANS. MAXWELL-WIEN BRIDGE
275. Which of the following terms is defined as the amount of load a machine can turn?
276. The UJT has which of the following advantage over the conventional transistor?
ANS. INCREASED TEMPERATURE STABILITY
277. A module which is difficult to repair because it is completely imbedded in solid material is one which has been_____.
278. How should a single lace be started?
ANS. WITH A SQUARE KNOT AND TWO MARLING HITCHES
279. Which of the following will apply to a moving coil instrument?
ANS. EVEN SCALE MEASURING DC
280. Which of the following will apply to a moving coil rectifier instrument?
ANS. EVEN SCALE MEASURING AC
281. Which of the following will apply to a moving iron instrument?
ANS. UNEVEN SCALE MEASURING DC/AC
282. An instrument constructed to measure the number of tons within a medium (which we will consider to be gaseous. But can also be solid or liquid)
ANS. IONIZATION CHAMBER
283. A brushless, synchronous electric motor that can divide a full rotation into a large number of steps.
ANS. STEPPER MOTOR
284. A method of curve fitting using linear polynomials heavily employed in mathematics particularly numerical analysis and numerous application computer graphics.
ANS. LINEAR INTERPOLATION
285. The simplest of all gas filled radiation detectors, and is used for the detection or measurement of ionization radiation.
ANS. IONIZATION CHAMBER
286. The semiconductor doping impurities arsenic, antimony, and bismuth are classified as what type of impurities?