This is the Section 3 Module 1 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 3 Module 1
ELECTRICITY / MAGNETISM FUNDAMENTALS
1. Whenever a flux inking a coil or current changes, an emf is induced in it.
FARADAY’S FIRST LAW OF ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION
2. The magnitude of the induced emf in a coil is directly proportional to the rate of change of flux.
FARADAY’S SECOND LAW OF ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION
3. In intrinsic semiconductor, formation of holes and free electrons that increases in temperature is known as
4. conductor stationary…
MAGNETIC MOVING STATICALLY INDUCED EMF
5. In group of atoms, the energy level depends on close proximity of atoms
6. Ratio of numbers of atoms in an isotope of the same element in a given sample.
7. The reason why electrons are not pulled into the nucleus of an atom
CENTRIFUGAL FORCE/OUTWARD FORCE
8. Magnetic fields do not intersect with ______
STATIONARY ELECTRIC CHARGE
9. capacitor current leads voltage
BY 90 DEGREES
10. Inductor for an AF, 400 Hz
11. The force of attraction or repulsion between two magnetic poles is directly proportional to their strengths.
COULOMB’S FIRST LAW
12. Formed when there exist distant electronic interactions between (opposite) charges present in the neighboring atoms or molecules.
VAN DER WAALS BOND
13. Direction of Magnetic field in a conductor
FLEMING’S LEFT HAND RULE
14. If double (voltage), half (resistance)
4 TIMES AS GREAT (CURRENT)
15. In resistor circuits, the connection that has greater power dissipation is ________ connection.
BOTH SERIES AND PARALLEL
16. The square root of the ratio of line impedance and shunt admittance is called _______ of the line.
17. the most common type of crystal defect
18. In DC circuit, if the voltage is doubled, the resistance is halved, the current will?
FOUR TIMES AS GREAT
19. Holes and Electrons should overcome the electrostatic force, another name for electrostatic field is
20. A formula for the overall transmittance of a signal flow graph in terms of transmittances of various paths in the graph.
21. A regulator that maintains the output voltage where the current drops to resistor in series with the load
22. What is the type of linear regulator used in applications requiring efficient utilization of the primary power source?
23. In pure silicon, the holes and electrons are in _____.
24. Unit of insulation resistance
25. A parallel conductor has. . . in what direction?
26. Oppose the creation of magnetic field
27. placing an ion
28. Ability of a material to produce magnetic lines and inherit with other magnetic field-magnetism?
29. Theory of ferromagnetic phenomena which assumes each atom is a permanent magnet which can turn freely about its center under the influence of applied field and other magnets.
EWING’S THEORY OF FERROMAGNETISM
30. Why is it that the magnitude of magnetomotive force required for air gap is much greater than that required for iron part of a magnetic circuit?
BECAUSE AIR HAS THE LOWEST RELATIVE PERMEABILITY
31. depletion is caused by
IONIZATION, RECOMBINATION, DIFFUSION
32. The basic operation of the accelerometer is based on what physical property?
33. A liquid crystal . . . liquid like
34. Generation of voltage occurs when there is a movement between the connecting wires and
MAGNETIC LINES OF FORCE
35. The ratio of the permeability of a material to the permeability of vacuum in free space
36. In PNP circuit, the emitter is heavily doped and the base is lightly doped. The flow on the base is mainly
37. the idea of preventing one component to the other component through their common electric and magnetic fields.
38. line impedance and admittance
39. Defect due to missing atom in the lattice
40. The ratio of the permeability of material to the permeability of air or vacuum
41. Magnetic susceptibility is inversely proportional to temperature
42. Difference between kinetic energy of electron and electrostatic potential energy
43. Attracts electrons towards itself
44. 0.375 kW dc shunt motor
45. A magnetic field when applied to a right angle to the directions of a temperature gradient in a conductor, a temperature diff. is produced at right angles both to the direction of a temperature gradient and the direction of the magnetic field
46. A law that state that the current in a thermionic diode varies directly with the three- halves power of anode voltage and inversely with the square of the distance between the electrodes, provided operating conditions are such that the current is limited only by the space change.
47. a two fermion …..anti-symmetric
48. Intrinsic semiconductors have covalent bonds that form ____ structure.
49. Concentration of in P-type than N-type