This is the Section 3 Module 3 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 3 Module 3
1. Full wave rectification has ripple frequency that is ____ of half wave rectifier
2. Variable resistance stepper motor use ______ materials in salient point.
3. In T circuit, the capacitor is connected in series while the inductor is connected in parallel, it used a ______________ filter
HIGH PASS FILTER
4. Manufacturing units consists of two more workstations or machines
6. Type of ac motor which uses inductance and capacitance to start the motor winding
7. DC sometimes better than AC in generators, variable-speed motor and
– CHARGING STORAGE BATTERIES
8. Shunt Regulators have ______________turns and ___________ resistance
– MORE AND HIGH
9. A shunt regulator is a linear device that varies the output while the unregulated source is _______.
– KEPT CONSTANT
10. The reluctance in measuring the transformer . . .
– BE DESTROYED
11. A method in which the charger and battery is always connected to the each other
– FLOAT CHARGING
12. _______ motor has the least starting torque.
– DC SHUNT
13. The capacitance between the primary and the secondary windings of a transformer can be minimized
– OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE TOROIDAL CORE
14. A 150 volt DC source connected in the main utility and wall outlet produce a ____ output.
15. brushes and commutators
16. NPN can replace PNP in a circuit provided that ____________ is reversed
– BATTERY POLARITY/ POWERSUPPLY
17. Controls the amount of voltage, current, and power of a voltage regulator
18. Output of Nickel-Iron
– 1.2 V
19. essential parts of rotating generator includes electromagnet/permanent magnet and
20. Winding in DC compound generator consist of fine wires
– SHUNT FIELD WINDING
21. Speed of universal motor is dependent on its ____________
22. There are two alternations in one complete cycle. One is positive, the other is negative.
– SINE WAVE
23. In shunt motor, speed is measured by rheostat connected in series with
– FIELD WINDING
24. High Peak Output, Low Regulation
– CAPACITOR (VOLTAGE) FILTER
25. DC frequency to change AC frequency. . .
– FREQUENCY CONVERTER
26. High speed alternators are usually driven by ___.
– STEAM TURBINE
27. A bidirectional, permanent magnet that gives an increment pulse
28. if a DC motor is running in the wrong direction, the _____ and _____ should be interchanged.
– FIELD, ARMATURE WINDINGS
29. Shunt motors will give off maximum efficiency when the ??? loss is equal to the ___ loss.
– CONSTANT LOSS
30. 150V connected to ac outlet
– PULSATING DC
31. Power supplies have large surge currents when turned on because the ___ need to be charged.
– FILTER CAPACITOR
32. It is commonly used as power supply
– ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITOR
33. A bleeder resistor is placed to drain the charge of______ in a power supply.
34. The best filter
– MULTI-SECTION LC CIRCUIT
35. Not a major part of the AC power supply
36. What is used to clean up the supply voltage from disturbances such as overvoltage, undervoltage, spikes and harmonics?
– POWER CONDITIONER
37. Nickel-iron is known as
38. Power supply filter gives the smallest ripple
MULTI-SECTION LC FILTER
39. the type of power supply used in the robot system:
• Pneumatic power supply
• Hydraulic power supply
Electric power supply
40. Characteristics in choosing motor
ELECTRONIC (AUDIO/RF) CIRCUIT/ANALYSIS/DESIGN
1. In RC phase shift oscillator, the _______ output is possible.
– PURE SINE WAVE
2. Emitter and base junction is reverse bias
3. The current that flows between the collector and emitter junction when the base region is open
– CUT-OFF CURRENT
4. Network design that allows the frequency above the cut-off is the ______filter.
– HIGH PASS
5. In wireless transmission using broadband RF PA has spurious emission. This spurious emissions can be reduced by using
– TUNED RF PA.
6. Closed-loop stability is measured by
(1) Routh-Hurwitz Criterion,
(2) Bode diagram, and
– NYQUIST CRITERION
7. In control system, when we choose to analyze or interpret "steady state sine waves" . . .
– NYQUIST PLOT
8. Measures twisted pair continuity
9. Noise margin is used to expressed
10. Op- amp operations?
Oscillations and signal conditioning
1. integrator (feedback)
2. differentiator (feedback)
3. Ideal Input Resistance of an op amp
4. Ratio of small change in zener voltage to small change in zener current
Zener Dynamic Impedance
5. Zener diode can be used as a voltage regulator by
REVERSE – PARALLEL
6. Ideal Input Resistance of an op amp
7. In AC, number of cycles per second refers to –
8. Sum of two identical sine waves 180 degrees out of phase