This is the Section 3 Module 4 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronic References. This particular Coaching Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 3 Module 4
TESTS AND MEASUREMENTS
1. Absorption meter is used to check the _____ of transmitter.
– OUTPUT FREQUENCY
2. acceleration transducer also known
3. measures the intensity of light radiation from any part of the sky
4. sensing element made from a thin-walled tube formed into deep convolutions and sealed at —
ONE END BELLOW
5. Another term for acceleration transducer.
6. Measure the angle of slope, slope. . .
7. _____ oscilloscope that uses sampling technique in processing signal that has frequency beyond its normal range.
8. In analog oscilloscope, steps in accommodating the incoming signals are:
Triggering the oscillator
9. difference bet the oscillator frequency and the unknown frequency
– BEAT FREQUENCY
10. In ohmmeter, if the anode is connected to the negative probe and the cathode is connected to the positive probe, the reading is
– INFINITE RESISTANCE
11. An instrument in which the deflection gives the magnitude of electrical quantity measured directly
– SECONDARY INSTRUMENT
12. What provides a visual presentation of any wave form applied to the input terminals
CATHODE RAY OSCILLOSCOPE
13. The element in the CRT that emits electron when indirectly heated by the filament
14. consists of two coils, one is fixed and one coil is free to rotate
15. Part of the D’Arsonval meter that controls the current
16. D’Arsonval meter can be converted to audio frequency AC ammeter by adding ____ in the circuit.
17. measure resistance
– WHEATSTONE OR RESISTANCE BRIDGE
18. A high sensitive galvanometer used in physics laboratory
19. A method using Wheatstone bridge to determine the distance from the test point to a fault in a telephone or telegraph line or cable
VARLEY LOOP TEST
20. Bridge independent in frequency
– ANDERSON/ANDERSEN BRIDGE
21. What type of maintenance is used to isolate troubles by means of test techniques and practices that realign or readjust equipment or otherwise bring the equipment back up to proper performance?
– CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE
22. solder gun
– FILE THE TIP SMOOTH AND RETIN IT
23. Fractured soldered joints are caused by movement of soldered parts during ______ process. –
24. component of D’Arsonval meter movement completes the circuit for current flow to the coil
25. most common RF oscillators
HARTLEY & COLPITTS
26. It display pattern of oscilloscopes with steady characteristics
27. Indicating instrument that indicates where the object is oriented
28. A series RC combination in one arm and a parallel RC combination in a joining arm
– WIEN BRIDGE
29. Characterizes and Locate faults in the metallic cable such as twisted pair
– TIME DOMAIN REFLECTOMETER
30. In meter movement, how do you prevent the meter from oscillation and overswing?
31. An is used to measure the resistance between the base-emitter, base-collector, collector-emitter
32. device sweeps the band of frequencies to determine frequencies and amplitudes of each frequency component
– SPECTRUM SYNTHESIZER
33. In transistor during the active load, the configuration of the emitter- base is ________ and the base- collector is _____________???
Reverse and forward
34. Use to measure resistance of emitter-base, base-collector, emitter-collector resistance of a transistor
– TRANSISTOR JUNCTION RESISTANCE TEST
35. The ability of spectrum analyzer to resolve signals is dependent on
– NARROWEST BANDWIDTH
36. Equipment check
– PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
37. measurement of temperature by electronic means.. greater range than mercury–
– THERMOMETERS PYROMETER
38. An instrument that measures the time of flow of fluid
39. watt-hour meter is an ___.
– INTEGRATING INSTRUMENT
40. The efficiency of class A amplifier can be improved by ___________load
– TRANSFORMER COUPLED
41. 70% efficiency
– CLASS B PUSH-PULL
42. In an inverting amplifier, the close loop gain is equal to the feedback resistance divided by the
43. Class C amplifiers can never be linear because _____.
CLASS C AMPLIFIERS ARE ALWAYS NON-LINEAR
1. The fan-in in logic gate is equal to the number of _____.
2. The value of the input voltage that switches the output of the comparator or Schmitt trigger.
3. The unit of Voltage gain of an amplifier is
4. Used in IC manufacturing to remove organic materials.
5. Element that penetrates the semiconductor substrate
6. Type of PCB that is most complex to build and most difficult to repair.
7. The process of developing thin film IC in which the substrate is heated in a furnace
8. ______of an oscillator is the pushing rate expressed in megahertz per volts
9. ratio of mark and space interval
10. In IC fabrication, gold and aluminum bonding wires are used to connect the circuit to the ______.
11. … output of _____ feedback
12. Method of achieving thin film in IC manufacturing for deposition of oxides, nitrides and pyrocrystalline. –
CHEMICAL VAPOR DEPOSITION
13. D-MOSFETS have what type of doped channel
14. Multiple thermocouple in series used to increase sensitivity and accuracy
15. A type of sensor element that are used for frequencies greater than 100 GHz
16. Four arm circuit used to measure the unknown electrical constants
17. Op-amps are widely used because its _____ characteristics can be varied to suit various applications.
18. Depositing of material. . .
19. The bridge that determine the unknown capacitance by comparing the standard capacitance is ____ bridge
DE SAUTY BRIDGE
20. Determine the orientation of an object
21. A six-branch modification of Maxwell Bridge, used to measure self-inductance in terms of capacitance and resistance
22. The maximum change of rate of output voltage in an op-amp with respect to the input signal.
23. Maximum velocity can that an actuator can move
24. The depletion region of MOSFET must be in what bias
25. discrete samples of the signal are taken by the digital oscilloscope –
26. The detection by a robot though contact of touch, force, pattern slip and movement. It allows for the determination of local shape, orientation and feedback forces of a grasped workspace.-
27. variation of colpitts –
28. What term is used to describe electronic systems that are made up of extremely small parts or elements?
29. The unique advantage of CMOS logic family
POWER DISSIPATION IN NANOWATTS
30. sacrifice factor of a negative feedback(di ko tapos tanong)
31. Exhibits a frequency that can be varied with a dc control voltage
VOLTAGE CONTROLLED OSCILLATOR
32. In an RTL, addition of input resistors in series increased the _____ of the circuit.
33. The primary source of linear distortion of … is the reactance associated with the circuit and ____ element.
34. damping factor of active filter determines the __________
35. saturated IC, inherently have low _______
36. Advantage of IC over other discrete components
HIGHER ATTAINABLE SWITCHING SPEED
DRAIN CURRENT DIVIDED BY GATE VOLTAGE
38. The unique characteristic of CMOS
POWER DISSIPATION IN NANOWATTS
39. Ethanol, used as an cleaning agent in IC’s, has a boiling point of __
78.3 DEGREE CELCIUS
40. Cleansing agent in IC’s
41. A transistor in which the semiconductor wafer is etched down in steps so the base and emitter regions appear as physical plateaus above the collector region.
42. An Oscilloscope which is use to display the data in a longer time.
43. Recharged is TWICE in full wave than half wave
44. N-channel enhancement type MOSFETs have _____ in the gate.
45. microcircuit components with discrete components
46. cascading the amplifier results in gain and bandwidth
47. major component of a MOS IC
48. In oscilloscope, adjust the brightness?…
VOLUME OF THE CONTROL GRID