This is the Section 4 Module 1 of the compiled Electronics Coaching Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and other Electronics References. This particular Notes in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Coaching: Section 4 Module 1
ELECTRICITY / MAGNETISM / SEMICONDUCTOR FUNDAMENTALS
1. Current is directly proportional to voltage and inversely proportional to resistance.
2. A law that states that the algebraic sum of the current entering and leaving the node or junction is equal to zero.
KIRCHOFF’S CURRENT LAW
3. One coulomb is how many electrons?
6.25 X 1018
4. One coulomb is equivalent to _____ electrons.
6.25 X 1018
5. Energy gap of semiconductor
6. Permeability of a material when its has a relative permeability of 10-6
4π x 10-1 H/m
7. Electrostatic charges can develop up to
35 000 VOLTS
8. Electron is pack in a given volume
9. What definition best describes an insulator?
A MATERIAL THAT HAS HIGH RESISTANCE
10. Which of the following is not a purpose of resistor?
NONE OF THESE
11. If you are preparing to single lace conductors, what total length must the lacing be in relationship to the longest conductor?
TWO AND ONEHALF OF THE LENGTH
12. A material which allows the lowest forward voltage drop for a diode
13. Resistance in a semiconductor is known as___________.
14. Typical range of resistivity of semiconductor
10 x 104
15. In resistor, 4K7 has what value
16. Resistor value: red, red, red, gold
2.2 kΩ ± 5%
17. Strain gauge resistance
18. In resistor circuit, a connection with greater power dissipation per resistor
BOTH PARALLEL AND SERIES
19. Carbon composition resistor
ESSENTIALLY HAS NO INDUCTANCE AND CAPACITANCE
20. An insulator is best described as
A MATERIAL THAT HAS A VERY HIGH RESISTANCE
21. A logical place for a wirewound resistor is in ____.
A HIGH-POWER DC CIRCUIT
22. A network of resistors, diodes and capacitors that shifts the DC voltage level without changing its waveform.
23. Two conductors with insulator in between
CONDENSER (OLD NAME); CAPACITOR (NEW NAME)
24. Capacitor stores energy in
25. When a capacitor is connected to an AC source, the current ___ the voltage by 90 degrees
26. Energy stored in an electrostatic or magnetic field
27. A ferromagnetic core placed in an inductor to _____
28. The advantage of toroid core over solenoid core is it
CONCENTRATES MAGNETIC FLUX
29. An advantage of toroid core over a solenoid core is the fact that ______
THE TOROID CONFINES THE MAGNETIC FLUX
30. The unit for overall magnetic field quantity
31. Another name for dielectric constant
32. The geomagnetic line of flux are
HORIZONTAL AT THE GEOMAGNETIC EQUATOR
33. Attractive forces exist when two parallel conductors have currents that are
OPPOSITE IN DIRECTION
34. When inductance is small,
ENERGY IS STORED AND RELEASED QUICKLY
35. A good form of inductor at FM
36. Ferromagnetic coils are not used in RF because air core is ____
A BETTER INDUCTOR AT FM
37. Paper capacitor has less service life than other capacitor. This is a _____ statement.
38. A paper capacitor is generally has shorter life compared to other type of capacitor
39. Typical value of paper capacitor
40. In a Variable air type capacitor, capacitance is maximum when ______
MOVABLE PLATES ARE CLOSE
41. The SI unit for exposure in x-ray, gamma, and in air.
COULOMB PER KILOGRAM ( C/KG )
42. The unit of a current.
43. When a charge of one Coulomb passes at one point in one second, the electrical charge is ___
44. Voltage drop is____
DIFFERENCE IN POTENTIAL BETWEEN TWO POINTS
45. Examples of trivalent impurities
BORON, GALLIUM, INDIUM
46. Acceptor impurities
47. Energy gap of a semiconductor
48. Pure silicon
ELECTRON AND PROTON ARE EQUAL IN NUMBERS
49. The mostly used semiconductor material in manufacturing electronic devices
GE, SI AND GAAS
50. The most extensibly use semiconductor
51. An intrinsic semiconductor has ___ bond that forms … tetra???
52. PN junctions are protected from contamination during the fabrication process by which materials?
53. Advantage of GaAs to Ge and Si.
54. Of the following tests, which is the most valid for checking a diode
DYNAMIC ELECTRIC CHECK WITH DIODE TEST SET
55. What current flow in a semiconductor is due to the applied electric field?
56. A semiconductor equivalent to two diode in series with reversed polarity
57. Intrinsic semiconductors (or impurities?) have
COVALENT BOND FORMING TETRAHEDRAL STRUCTURE
58. A compound of the elements gallium and arsenic used in the manufacture of devices such as microwave frequency integrated circuits, monolithic microwave integrated circuits, infrared LED, laser diode, solar cells and optical window.
GALLIUM ARSENIDE (GaAs)
59. A solid form in which atoms, ion, and molecules are ordered in well arrangement
60. A structure of solid in which the position of atoms are predetermined
61. A liquid crystal that is least ordered and more liquid-like
62. An ac electromagnet _______
ATTRACTS PURE, UNMAGNETIZED IRON
63. The force between a permanent magnet and a ferromagnetic material that is not yet magnetized is
64. Increase in space in electromagnetic circuit …
65. Advantage of electromagnet over permanent magnet
ELECTROMAGNET CAN BE SWITCHED ON AND OFF
66. When an ion …… on ground state…
67. …… expand the surface area….
68. Describes the color of radiation emitted by a blackbody at a given temperature.
69. Nonmetallic protection for wires and cables
70. A button-shaped carbon composition resistor microphone.