This is the Chapter 2: The Television Picture end chapter exercise in Basic Television – Grob TV as one of the Electronics Engineering topic. In Preparation for the ECE Board Exam make sure to expose yourself and familiarize in each and every questions compiled here taken from various sources including but not limited to past Board Exam Questions in Electronics Engineering field, Electronics Books, Journals and other Electronics References.
Start Grob TV End Chapter Exercise 02
Answers are Underlined
The Television Picture
- a. One picture element is a pixel.
- b. A still picture has many pixels, T
- c. The position of a picture element is important in the reproduction.
- a. How many complete picture frames are scanned in 1 sec? 30 picture frames
- b. How many scanning lines are there In one frame? 525 scanning lines
- a. Motion is shown by a rapid succession of still pictures. T
- b. Flicker results when the screen is made alternately bright and dark.
- a. How many scanning fields are there in one picture frame? 2 scanning fields
- b. How many fields are scanned in one second? 60 fields
- a. What is the horizontal scanning frequency in hertz? 15750 Hz.
- b. What is the time for scanning one horizontal line in one second? 63.5 ms.
- c. What is the vertical field-scanning frequency, in hertz? 60 Hz.
- a. What is the frequency of horizontal synchronizing pulses for every line, in hertz? 15,750 Hz.
- b. What is the frequency of vertical synchronizing pulses for every field? 60 Hz
- a. The Y luminance is for black-and-white picture information.
- b. The chrominance signal for color is 3.58 MHz.
- c. The chrominance signal includes red, green, and blue picture information.
- a. More video signal increases the contrast.
- b. The average screen illumination is its brightness.
- a. What is the width of TV broadcast channel? 6 MHz
- b. What is the intercarrier sound frequency? 4.5 MHz
- c. What is the maximum frequency deviation for the FM sound signal? 25 kHz
- a. What is the aspect ration for a TV picture? 4:3
- b. The picture carrier signal is AM.
- c. The sound carrier signal is FM.