This is the Chapter 7: Video Signal Analysis end chapter exercise in Basic Television – Grob TV as one of the Electronics Engineering topic. In Preparation for the ECE Board Exam make sure to expose yourself and familiarize in each and every questions compiled here taken from various sources including but not limited to past Board Exam Questions in Electronics Engineering field, Electronics Books, Journals and other Electronics References.
Start Grob TV End Chapter Exercise 07
Answers are Underlined
Video Signal Analysis
- a. What are the 3 parts of the composite video signal? Camera signal, H sync and H blanking.
- a. IRE of Sync: 40
- b. Black set up: 7.5
- c. The camera signal: 92.5
- a. Width of H blanking pulse? 10.2 µs.
- b. Visible H trace? 53.5 µs.
- c. Width of H sync pulse? 5 µs.
- a. V sync: 3H lines wide
- b. V blanking: 21H lines wide
- c. Equalizing: 31,500 Hz
- a. Typical video signal voltage for the picture tube is 100 V with negative polarity.
- a. Sync polarity is negative.
- a. Maximum number of pixels for each horizontal line is 426.
- b. For the total picture area, it is 144,000.
- a. The average dc level is close to the blanking level for a dark scene.
- b. The picture tube reproduce black with zero beam current.
- a. Gamma affects the contrast.
- b. Picture tubes have a gamma greater than 1.