This is the Section 1 Module 17 of the compiled Electronics Review Materials taken from different sources including but not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and the Internet. This particular reviewer in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Reviewers: Section 1 Module 17
1. If you want the circuit to be in stable manner while load impedance varies, what coupling method is ideal to use
2. Advantage of pneumatic actuator
–All of the above
-clean and no oil leaks
-low cost and power operations than hydraulic actuator
3. An ac bridge used to measure capacitance and its losses.
4. A four-arm ac bridge used to measure inductance against standard capacitance.
5. A type of dip meter, where microammeter is connected in the grid.
6. What is the output when R=low, S=low, Enable=high, preset=low, clear=high
7. The new IBM supercomputer that can operate at 7072 trillion calculations per seconds that is known as the fastest supercomputer.
8. A cable free technology that let people surf the Web even when at starbucks, seattles and Malls when they are near the antenna
9. How to increase the Forward voltage blocking capability of SCRs?
by connecting in series
10. What is the power density of the field strength meter that expresses the field strength?
0.001 to 2000 microwatts/sq.cm
11. Mass of an electron
12. Noise generator is needed when evaluating characteristic of noise of the amplifier
13. Ceramic-disk capacitor is specifically has capacitance value of 100 microFarad.
14. Which is not a factor in electrical power of solar panel in direct sunlight.
ac voltage applied in panel
15. A memory element used in clocked sequential circuits.
16. Robotic system that protects people from danger.
17. What is operational amplifier?
–Any of the following
18. 741C oscillator uses active load resistor
19. 8086 processor is 16 bit
20. In a PNP transistor amplifier, power supply is connected when with respect to emitter.
when collector is negative
21. Most common mechanical configuration of industrial robots.
articulated arm and cylindrical
22. SCARA robots has how many axis
23. Actuator type that is the most messy
24. A variation of TTL that uses schottky barrier
25. Not a classification of computer
26. What is the reason why cells can store more in a given area when dynamic cells are used?
they are small
27. The number of commutator segments is equal to no. of coils.
28. Advantage of methanol over hydrogen
easier to transport
29. Value of red, red, red, gold
30. Input to become undefined output in NAND
31. Convert AC from small DC source
32. Need two or more high input for high output
33. Voltage required to conduct SCR
Minimum triggered voltage
34. Same as SCR but bidirectional
35. Not commonly use in ac power supply
36. Flow of current without bias
37. System used in telephone system to measure distance from ground fault
38. What is Diac?
two terminal, bidirectional
39. Crystal liquid that changes color in temperature
40. When the deflecting increases. The controlling increases
41. Motor used in sudden increase in load
42. Advantage of hydraulic
can carry heavy loads
43. Not true in aircore over ferromagnetic core
air concentrates magnetic flux
44. Discovered electromagnetic induction in 1831
45. Determine the polarity of the voltage
46. Displays the indication in spectrum analyzer
47. Internal resistance of voltmeter to be accurate
as high as possible
48. Force is directly proportional to strength
coulomb’s 1st law
49. RF instrument, means of dip
50. What is the purpose of bleeder resistor?
to drain the voltage in filter capacitor
51. Medium of communication in computer system that uses pneumonic.
52. Theorem that replaces the voltage by current in parallel with the resistance.
53. Typical resistance of strain gauge is 120 ohms
54. The size of file in the computer is measured by byte
55. Program that has the ability to move a robot within a range but without specific path.
point to point program
56. Can use in different ways except –keyboard
57. Voltage applied to the oscilloscope in horizontal deflection.
58. Use to access world wide web
59. Process of asking remote terminal when needs to send data
60. Used to measure reflection
61. To conduct SCR, gate is more positive than cathode
62. Sensor has ADC, DAC, processor
63. Logic gates that has two or more input, when there is one or more high input, then high output.
64. Measure of electron packed in a given volume
65. In full bridge converter, regenerative breaking occurs when firing angle is past+90 degrees
66. Insulator damage and current flows from core to earth or to sheath
67. Interval from one point of one cycle to identical point of other cycle.
68. Time taken in computer to reply
69. Register that access program variables
70. What is the purpose of zero adjust?
to compensate differing battery voltage
71. After weld interval, it goes to ______ interval where electrode pressure is maintained.
72. After squeeze interval, next is ______
73. What comes after hold interval ______
74. When is the first systematic report of liquid crystal?
75. Which determines the viscosity
resistance to flow
76. Does not have in oscillator
77. Instrument that displays signal strength with different frequencies.
78. Most rugged indicating instrument
moving iron galvanometer
79. Type of network usually own/build by single company or governmental organization.
private data network
80. Uses 24 satellites and the most popular modern navigational aids.
81. Not used in biometry to identify human
texture of skin
82. The ENIAC can perform _____ additions and _____ multiplications in one second.
83. Where magnetic field is strong?
84. If plate distance decreases and all things constant, the capacitance increases.
85. A circuit that has no feedback and Is not self correcting.
86. Devices used to measure moving hot iron tips and slabs.
infrared and ultraviolet devices
87. A 543 gates belongs to what category of integration
Small scale integration
88. Difference between JFET and MOSFET
MOSFET can handle a wider range of bias voltage
89. The period before the SCR conducts
90. The period before the SCR conducts
firing delay angle (nagkaiba pa)
91. When triggered once it stores one of the two condition for digital circuit.
92. Oscillator for microwave frequencies
93. Uses 25 volts and used for industrial purposes
94. What are the fundamental characteristics of Computer