This is the Section 1 Module 25 of the compiled Electronics Review Materials taken from different sources including not limited to Electronics books, past Board Exams Questions, Journals and the Internet. This particular reviewer in Electronics Engineering has random Questions and Answers in random topics. Make sure to familiarize each questions to increase the chance of passing the ECE Board Exam.
Electronics Engineering Reviewers: Section 1 Module 25
1. One of the most sensitive elements of semiconductor materials is Galena (crystalline form)
- Lead sulfide
2. Selenium rectifier replacement is
- Silicon rectifier
- Class C
- Class A
5. Emitter-Base, Base-Collector
- Low, high (bias)
6. For normal operation of a transistor what bias is Emitter-Base, Base-Collector junction
- Forward, Reverse
7. Two inductor series, in phase
- 2 LA (1 + k) H
8. Who stated this “the present is theirs, the future which I work is mine”
- Nikola Tesla
9. Motor used in missile launcher
10. What is considered an efficient optoelectronic source but with only about 5% of its radiant flux falls within the visible wavelength
- Tungsten Lamp
11. Start of flowchart
12. For an electruminescent of green and red lights, which has the highest mobility?
- GaP (Gallium phospide)
13. Diodes has negative resistance region
- Tunnel diode
14. Precise voltage regulator
- Zener Diode
15. Which do not affect the voltage capacity of capacitor?
- Area of plates
16. Increase in bulk resistance
- Reverse bias
17. Decrease bulk resistance
- Forward bias
18. Thermistor at (20⁰C)
- 5K ohms
19. Thermistor at (100⁰C)
- 100 ohms
20. Selenium photodiode
- Decrease resistance with increase in light intensity
- Emitter follower
22. Tune oscillator
- All of the above (hartley, collpits crystal)
23. What is the back-to-back ratio of (a) power rectifier (b) signal diode
- 10:1; 300:1
24. Green, Blue, orange
25. Most danger to transistor
26. What is the two junctions of a PNP
- Emitter-Base, Base-Collector
27. What is the majority of PNP, NPN?
- Hole, Electron
28. Same turn-on, turn-off time
29. Transformer normally operated at 100 Hz to 150KHz
- Converter transformer
30. Unit of light intensity
31. Power density of sun at sea level
- 100 mW/cm2
32. Not an standard failure rate for measuring SCR?
33. When amber is rubbed with fur, amber acquires ___ electricity
34. When glasses rubbed wit silk, glass acquire _____ electricity
35. How many free electrons are there in a cubic in. of silver?
- 1.68 x 1024
36. Current gain of common-emitter configuration?
37. Current gain of common-collector configuration?
38. Resistance increase, temperature decrease?
- Negative temperature coefficient
39. All metals are said to be
- Positive Temperature Coefficient
40. Tetrode transistor
41. Principal node
- Branches that can combine and multiply
42. Diode that produce gain and oscillation
- Tunnel diode
43. Which of the following is a concept whereby a small voltage is generated by a conductor with a current in an external magnetic field?
- Hall effect
44. Ratio of IP/IV of GaAS
45. Total current is equal to sum of its individual currents
- Kirchoffs current law
46. The tunning diode is a _____ dependent, variable ____.
- Voltage, capacitor
47. Range of variable resistance of PN junction
- 50 – 5K Hz
48. Most popular used in class D amplifier
49. It is a register in the CPU, devoted to a specific purpose of storing the address in memory of the next instruction to be executed.
50. What device provides an increase in voltage or current without altering original signal.
51. The intrinsic behavior of a semiconductor is cause by the existence of ____
- Crystalline defect
52. For what range of fixed regulated voltages do the series 78XX regulators provides regulation
- +5V to +24V
53. Shockley diode has how many terminals?
54. What is the response time of LED
- Less than 100 ns
55. What is the ratio of the period of the output voltage to the period of the input voltage of full wave rectifier
56. Percentage of current that flows to emitter
57. How many Vcc connections does the 565 PLL used?
58. Typical power dissipation rating of IC?
- Less than 1W
59. Value of form factor of a pure sine wave?
60. How can you increase majority carriers and current flowing?
- Increase battery voltage
61. Symbol of cathode in a diode
- Vertical bar
62. Releases electron indirectly by the filament
63. What will be the carrier if electron leaves from the negative source going to the N-type material
64. What element property represent the relative tendency of the atom to attract shared electron pair?
65. In a semiconductor device, a PN junction formed by alloying a suitable material
- Alloy Junction
66. Complete electronic circuit, containing transistors, diodes, resistors and capacitors process on and contained entirely contained within a single chip of silicon
- Integrated Circuit
67. Dynamic resistance of an SCR
- 0.01 – 0.1 ohms
68. If full load is equal to No load
69. Front to back ratio, forward is low resistance reading and reverse is low resistance reading also
- It is good
70. LSI has
- More than 100 gates
71. Triggering anode gate for SCS devices
- 1.5 mA
72. The ISO LIT Q1 16-pin Litronix optoisolator DIP contains ____ optoisolators
73. Diode matching pair
74. To check bad transistor in a circuit what method should be use
75. The ___ model fails to account for the output impedance level of the device and the feed back effect from output to input.
76. Thermistor temperature coefficient
- Either PTC or NTC
77. What is a small capacitance form by twisting together two insulated wires.
- Gimmick capacitance
78. Any resistor in common mesh
- Two opposing currents
79. What do you call a three-phase full wave rectifying circuit that uses six rectifying element
- Gratz rectifier
80. Where do you see average (dc) voltage in a power supply.
- Capacitor Filter
81. Application for pulsating dc
- Battery charger
82. Good stability
- Combination bias
83. What is the difference voltage if the input are an ideal in phase signal.
- Common mode gain times twice the input signal
84. Safety precaution before lifting a diode in circuit
- All of the above (do not supply high voltage, do not apply excessive heat, do not pry)
85. The current and voltage of PN junction can be found
- Characteristic Curve
86. Maximum temperature of LCD
- 60 degree C
87. Process in which holes are produced in a crystal
- Breaking of covalent bond
88. “mono” and “lithos” means
- Single stone
89. Advantage of electron tube over semiconductor.
- None of the above (can operate in high voltage)
90. Starts the evolution of solid state device
- Point contact transistor
91. Pertaining to circuits and devices that used solid semiconductor
- Solid state device
92. Form when process of recombination occurs
- Depletion region
93. IBM first personal computer
94. Bismuth, Arsenic, antimony
95. Where current produced by excessive heat
- Thermal runaway
96. Perfect bonding
- It is for rectification
97. Which component sets the voltage across the load in a basic transistor shunt regulator
- Both zener diode and transistor base emitter voltage