- ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS / ELECTRONICS 1
- Introduction to quantum mechanics of solid state electronics; diode and transistor characteristics and models (BJT and FET); diode circuit analysis and applications; transistor biasing; small signal analysis; large signal analysis; transistor amplifiers; Boolean logic; transistor switch.
- Applied Physics/Physics 2
- Integral Calculus
Upon completion of the course, the student must be able to:
- 1. Acquire a strong foundation on semiconductor physics; diode and diode circuit analysis; MOS and BJT (small and large signal) circuit analysis.
Electronic Devices and Circuits Course Outline
- 1. Orientation: Review of Course
- 2. Assessment of the Different Types of Learners
- 3. Fundamentals of tubes and other devices
- 4. Introduction of Semiconductors
- 5. Diode Equivalent Circuits
- 6. Wave Shaping Circuits
- 7. Special Diode Application
- 8. Power Supply And Voltage Regulation
- 9. Bipolar Junction Transistor
- 10. Small- Signal Analysis (BJT)
- 11. Field Effect Transistor
- 12. Small-Signal Analysis (FET)
- 13. Large-Signal Analysis
Note: ADDING LESSON ON-PROGRESS . . .
Download Handouts and Reviewers
Robert L. Boylestad, Thomas L. Floyd