Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 7: Cells and Batteries from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Changes to kinetic energy when the cell is used.
2. A primary cell.
3. As a voltage reference source.
4. More than the voltage in a cell of the same kind.
5. An explosion.
6. 733 mAh.
7. 4 hours and 20 minutes.
8. Are generally better in radios than zinc-carbon cells.
9. Its physical size.
10. A two-way portable radio.
11. An electronic calculator.
12. A microcomputer memory backup.
13. In a portable video camera/recorder.
14. A flat discharge curve.
15. In more than one of the above.
16. They pollute the environment.
18. Connecting solar cells in parallel.
19. Allows a homeowner to sell power to the utility.
20. There isn’t any real need for such thing.