Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 22: The Bipolar Transistor from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Is negative with respect to the emitter.
2. The supply polarity is reversed.
3. Three semiconductor layers.
4. Either of the diode cathodes.
5. More than one of the above.
6. The E-B junction is reverse biased.
7. In saturation.
12. The frequency at which the gain is 1.
13. The collector.
14. More than one of the above.
15. A common-emitter circuit. .
16. None of the above.
17. Common-base circuit.
19. Reduced efficiency.
20. 335 kHz.