Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 29: Electron Tubes from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Triodes need more voltage.
2. Gate of an FET.
3. The gate voltage.
4. A gas-filled regulator.
5. The filament serves as the cathode.
6. There is no filament.
7. Decreasing the grid-to-plate capacitance.
9. Is bulky and heavy.
10. Good stability.
11. Five grids.
13. An electric field.
14. Time per unit division.
15. Vertical deflection plates or coils.
17. The achievable power output decreases.
18. The longitudinal magnetic flux.
19. High achievable output power.
20. Have variable speed.