Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 19: Introduction to Semiconductors from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Variable conductive properties of some materials.
2. Ability to withstand high voltages.
5. It is expensive to produce.
8. Is susceptible to damage by static.
9. Give a semiconductor material certain properties.
10. Adding a donor impurity.
11. The substance has an electron surplus.
12. Minority carriers.
13. Plus to minus.
14. Reverse biased.
15. Charge carriers are passed from atom to atom.
16. A charge of +1 unit.
17. The frequency.
18. The junction will conduct current.
19. Voltage regulator.
20. The reverse current.