Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 25: Oscillators from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Reduces the gain.
2. A stage with gain.
3. A split capacitance in the tuned circuit.
4. Just enough to sustain oscillation.
5. Hartley oscillator.
6. Passes dc but not RF.
7. Air-core coils have better thermal stability.
8. In-phase feedback.
9. Low drift.
10. The thickness of the crystal.
11. Differences in the waveshape.
12. Has most or all of its energy at a single frequency.
13. Is good for use in frequency synthesizers.
14. Exceptional stability.
15. No! Air-core coils work better in RF oscillators.
16. It’s not a cause for worry; it can’t be too high.
17. A common-emitter or common-source arrangement.
18. A waveform analyzer.
19. Serves no useful purpose.
20. Is used as a microwave oscillator.