Below are the answers key for the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) in Chapter 28: Integrated Circuits and Data Storage Media from the book Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics, 5th edition by Stan Gibilisco.
1. Higher switching speeds are attainable.
2. Greater power capability.
3. A radio broadcast transmitter’s final amplifier.
5. Control the gain.
6. A multiplexer/demultiplexer.
7. A comparator.
8. Transistor-transistor logic.
9. Ability to handle high power levels.
10. The size of the semiconductor atoms.
11. It’s easy to get data out, but hard to put it in.
12. It’s easy to get data out and put it in.
14. About 1,000 bytes.
15. The tracks are parallel to the edges.
16. The video tracks are diagonal.
17. Disks allow faster data storage and retrieval.
18. 1 mil.
19. Via magnetic fields.
20. Nothing touches the disk.